The new year is coming and with it comes the opportunity to improve, switch up, or just refresh your online marketing technique! If you are thinking about video content and how it fits into your social media brand, you should know that 90% of modern marketers use video as a main marketing tool–as they should, studies have shown that video content is more likely to have a higher engagement rate than static content.
As we jump into the new year and you jump into switching up your marketing tactics, here are 25 video marketing stats to inspire and inform you in your video marketing!
- 77% of businesses use video on social media.
- People spend 2.6x more time on pages with video content than ones without.
- On average, businesses have 377 videos in their libraries and add 33 new ones each month.
- The most popular times for viewing videos are Tuesday and Wednesday mornings between 7:00 and 11:00 am.
- Finding enjoyment in a video ad increases purchase intent by 97% and brand association by 139%
- 94% of video marketers say video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service.
- You’re 53x more likely to show up first on Google if you have a video embedded on your website.
- 57% of consumers say that videos gave them more confidence to purchase online.
- Social video generates 1,200% more shares than text and image content combined.
- Video of a live event increases brand favorability by 63%.
- Square-shaped videos can deliver 30-35% more views and have 80-100% more engagement.
- Disappearing Videos: Facebook Stories has more than 150 million daily active users.
- US adults spend nearly 6 hours a day watching video in some way.
- Men spend 40% more time watching videos on the internet than women.
- 55% of people view online videos every day.
- 77% of consumers say they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a video.
- Facebook gets over 8 billion average daily video views.
- Tweets with video attract 10x as much engagement.
- 400 hours of video are uploaded to Youtube every minute.
- 53.4% of marketers see Instagram videos as important.
- 1 in 5 Facebook videos is a live broadcast.
- 84% of millennials are likely to be influenced into making a purchase based on user-generated content created by strangers.
- 4x as many consumers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it.
- Putting people in the first 3 seconds increases the emotional connection viewers feel with the content by 133%.
- By 2022, video traffic will make up roughly 82% of all internet traffic across the globe.
Which statistic was most surprising to you? How will you be using video to influence your marketing strategy in the future? Let us know in the comments!