As live streaming continues to build momentum within the digital landscape, Facebook has announced new features for Facebook Live, giving users more ways to discover, share, and interact with live video.
Here are the major features that will be rolling out:
- Viewers can add live reactions — choosing from six emoticons that animate right on top of the video.
- Users can go live in Facebook Groups and Facebook Events.
- Comments will be replayed as they happened during the live broadcast when people watch it later.
- Users can personalize their broadcasts by adding live filters.
- Viewers can send an invitation to friends to watch right from the live video.
- There will be a dedicated place to search live and non-live videos from friends, creators, or videos based on your interests via mobile.
- From Desktop, there’s a Live Video Map so that users can explore public live broadcasts that are currently happening around the world.
There are endless ways that you can utilize Facebook’s Live Video as well as the new features that are rolling out into your business plan.
If you own a small business or if you are a leader in direct-selling: Create a Facebook Group for your downline and use the Live Video features to communicate important messages to your team.
If you want to let potential customers know about a new business opportunity or new product or service: Create Facebook Events and use Live Video with attendees to communicate new product offerings, to show a live demo, or to do Q&A sessions for viewers.
Finally, use live video to spark engagement and build a more personal relationship with your followers. According to Facebook, “people comment more than 10 times more on Facebook Live videos than on regular videos.” Therefore, think about incorporating Live Videos into your Social Media Messaging Strategy as a way to give your Facebook Business Page a more personal touch with prospects and consumers. Then, direct users back to your recorded live videos on your Facebook Business Page to create additional engagement.