If you’re new to Facebook as a content creator or you just want to brush up your skills, Facebook Blueprint center and Facebook Business tools have all of the information you could ever need to become a social media pro. Covering the basics to some of the more advanced Facebook features, it will help you improve the way you do social selling on Instagram and Facebook.
Recently, Facebook freshened up its library to add two new courses focusing on the Facebook Newsfeed and on Facebook Stories. While some of the content is definitely geared towards beginners, certain inclusions are sure to make you rethink your social presence online.
Below, we have taken Facebook’s Stories course and provided you with the most important details to remember!
What are Stories?
Facebook Stories are an innovative way to connect with your following and share new, unique content separate from your feed. Stories allow you to post photos and short videos that only last for 24 hours. Stories cover the entire screen and offer creative, custom “filters” or overlays that you select to match your authentic brand.
How They Work
In the Facebook app, selecting the feature Add to Your Story activates your specific device’s camera to allow you to instantly capture an image. This allows you to snap a quick candid to offer personal anecdotes to your followers! However, if you’re in the mood to post something planned, you can import existing photos from your device to share.
- Each photo plays for 5 seconds and videos up to 20 seconds long can be uploaded. Anything posted to an individual story will disappear after 24 hours.
- If a fan comments or reacts to a story, only the original poster can see it!
- If you decide to go Live on Stories, that video will only be available for viewing as long as you’re streaming.
- Privacy settings for Stories can be customized just like privacy settings for posts!
- Captions aren’t an option for Stories, but text and visual overlays are! Get creative with how you enhance your Stories.
Where Can I Find Stories?
Stories are located above the News Feed on your Facebook News Feed. In Messenger, they’re right above your messages!
When Should I Use Stories?
We’ve explained to you what Stories are and how to post one, but when should you post? Here are some of our favorite ideas for sharing content to your Story:
- Announcements, events, sneak-peeks, breaking news
- If you have a short video you want to share
- Post previews to encourage followers to check back to your News Feed
- If you want to get creative with overlays such as freehand drawings, stickers, text options, and filters not available in News Feed or Facebook Watch!
- Host a poll to ask your followers for their opinions!
What tips do you have for posting on Facebook Stories? Let us know in the comments!