Welcome to a new decade! In 2019 Instagram continued to rise as a popular–if not becoming the most popular platform–through new features like Stories additions, business page features, IGTV and more. However, as we enter the new year, brands are still looking at how they can maximize their marketing on Instagram while also capitalizing on new opportunities.
If Instagram is a key focus for your social marketing technique, listen up, because we’ve compiled the top 10 stats you will want to know heading into the new year.
- 95 million posts are shared on Instagram every single day
- 1 BILLION people use the platform every month
- 63% of users log in at least once a day
- Instagram users will spend an average of 28 minutes per day on the platform in 2020
- 18-34 year-olds are the most active age group on Instagram
- 73% of teens say Instagram is the best way for a brand to reach them
- 200 million people visit at least one business profile daily
- 62% of users say they have become more interested in a brand after seeing it in Instagram Stories
- 92% of consumers trust genuine, user-generated content more than traditional ads
- 500 million people use Instagram Stories daily
What do you think about these trends for the new year? How do they impact your social selling strategy?
And from all of us here at MultiBrain–Happy New Year!
Statistics are sourced from here.