Forbes has listed their top 5 social media trends to look out for in 2017. Here’s a short summary of each:
- Live Video: We’ve seen the beginnings of this through Facebook Live, Periscope Pro, and Youtube Live. People are moving from traditional television to social for entertainment!
- Messaging Apps: One-on-one engagement with customers through tech is the next new thing! The biggest challenge that we’ll face is developing content for the masses!
- Social Commerce: We have peer-to-peer payment transactions on social media. Now, the ability to make purchases through social networks such as Pinterest and Twitter on products will grow in popularity.
- Virtual Reality: This is a space that is predicted to grow in the future. While it’s still primitive, it will only improve and be more accessible to the masses!
- Evolving Social Channels: The major players of social media such as Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram will only evolve and grow in importance.
As a small business, it’s time to wake up and pay attention to these trends in social and tech and incorporate them into your marketing strategy. Here’s a few ways that you can apply these trends to your social media marketing plan and stay ahead of the curve: Start utilizing Live video as a form of communication with customers or prospects. You can give followers a behind-the-scenes look at your business, premiere new products to your customers, or reach new prospects! You can also utilize the Shop Section of your Facebook Business Page to facilitate social commerce. Just remember, your social channels are continuously evolving. So, routinely check for their newest feature updates and look for opportunities to incorporate those features to gain exposure for your business!