Everyone has heard how important social media marketing is in this day and age, but not everyone knows why. Social media marketing builds brand awareness, website traffic and fan engagement, but perhaps the most important aspect is how much social media affects purchasing decisions. Deloitte recently released a study detailing how social media affects consumer behavior. These are the main findings:
- Social media mainly affects millennials; 47% of millennials are influenced in their purchasing decisions by social media
- 1 in 3 US consumers are influenced in their purchases by social media
- 33% of influenced purchasing decisions were in the health and wellness category
- Consumers who use social media during their shopping process are four times more likely to spend more
- Shoppers are 29% more likely to make a purchase the same day when using social media to help shop
So how do you use this study to influence how others purchase products from you? The number of marketing techniques that you can use are endless! The most important point is to educate consumers about new and current product offerings. You can do this by engaging in conversations about products you are trying to sell, answering questions that potential consumers may have, or presenting products personally by hosting virtual parties. Then, it’s essential that you direct users to your landing pages through call-to-actions so that they can make their purchases online! These tips will go a long way in helping you market your business and influence purchasing decisions for potential customers online!
Original Source: http://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/us/Documents/consumer-business/us-cb-navigating-the-new-digital-divide-051315.pdf